Tuesday 2 October 2012

To BB or not to BB?

Earlier this summer BB creams became the 'it' cosmetic to add to your makeup bag, and I was keen to try one out. BBs claim to be so multi-functional that on paper they could serve to replace pretty much every skin product going, which seemed a little too good to be true.

I chose a BB from towards the bottom of the price range (obvs), namely Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream. The packaging promises that it:

  1. Creates a natural glow
  2. Compliments skin tone
  3. SPF30 UV Protection
  4. Hydrates all day
  5. Blurs imperfections
  6. Oil-free, non-greasy
  7. Looks visibly smooth
  8. Feels fresh.
I justified this purchase by telling myself that it is the ultimate holiday essential - it will hydrate and even my skin tone during the day when I don't want to be wearing makeup, and the SPF30 protection = no need to smother my face in greasy suncream - perfect!

I was pleased with the quality of this product,  and found that it delivered most of what it promised. It gave decent coverage - not enough to replace foundation day-to-day, but then that was never really the point. It served well as defence against the sun, and did give my skin a hydration boost.

The main complaint I have with this cream is that despite claiming to be 'Oil-free and non-greasy', it did feel like it was weighing my skin down a little, and gave me a bit too much shine. I haven't used the cream much since getting back from holiday, I just don't find it necessary when using a decent foundation. However, it was a brilliant alternative to suncream, and for that reason I will be buying again for next year's hols!

3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...it can be anonymous if you would prefer.

Popular Posts