Monday 1 October 2012

Models Own - Hedkandi Ibiza Mix Nail Varnish

I thought I'd kick off my new blog by hailing my favourite beauty product of the moment - Models Own Hedkandi glitter polish in 'Ibiza Mix'. I was tempted into buying this product by a 2 for £7 offer in Boots, although unfortunately the offer is no longer running - if it was then I'd probably run back and stock up, because this product is fantastic.

This is essentially a clear nail varnish with multi-coloured glitter flecks, and is best worn as a top coat over a solid colour. I've tried this polish over a variety of colours - you can get away with pretty much any colour as the glitter is multi-coloured. I have however found that it looks best over a matte colour as opposed to a metallic base coat, as the glitter will stand out more. My favourite base colours for this polish are pale teal, black, white and purple (as shown in the picture).

The varnish usually lasts a good few days before it starts to chip, and it's easy to touch up the tips when they do start to go. Perhaps the only downside of this product is that it can be fairly difficult to remove, probably because you need to apply 2-3 coats to get a decent amount of glitter coverage.

You can currently buy this varnish from outlets such as Asos, where it is priced at £5. If you're a student then don't forget to enter your NUS card number for 10% off!

5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...it can be anonymous if you would prefer.

Popular Posts