Monday 17 June 2013

My Summer Ball Look

It's been a busy few days for me - I got my degree results today (2:1 yaaaaaay), and I also had my end of uni Summer Ball on Saturday night. This isn't a formal event, it's basically an overnight festival type thing, but it was a brilliant night and the perfect way to send off an amazing three years at Reading Uni! For this post I thought I'd share what I wore, and my makeup look from the Ball. Here's what I looked like:

 
I absolutely love my dress, which is from Motel Rocks. I originally spotted it on a fellow blogger's page (see her original post here), and promptly fell in love with it. I had to exchange the original size 10 that I ordered for a size 12 (despite usually coming up as a size 8) because the 10 came up very small, but other than that I adore this perfect dress!
The fluro pink wellies come courtesy of my "BFF" Lizzy, who loaned them to me when the weather forecast was looking a little ominous. I stuck the headband on for good measure since the Ball tends to have a festival-esque vibe.

The Ball goes on 'til 6am, so I thought I'd go for brightening makeup in the hope that I'd look a little less haggard by the end. Here's what my makeup looked like:


I used a pair of Primark false lashes which I was really pleasantly surprised by, they were easy to apply and the glue kept them in place all night, and they only cost £1. I brightened up my eyes by applying highlighter into the corners using an eyeshadow brush. I also used a riduculous amount of my new MUA Bronzed Perfection Bronzer on my face, starting by applying it to my cheekbones, jawline and temples, and then applying a thin layer over the rest of my face. I also used highlighter just above my cheekbones, although the pictures don't really show this too well. I used a light gold eyeshadow across my lids, and a pale silvery-gold shadow below my brows. I hid my fake lash line with a thin layer of liquid eyeliner on my lids, and used a little lilac-grey eyeliner on my lower lash line, topped off with one layer of mascara. I didn't use eyebrow pencil on this occasion as I'd had my brows threaded earlier in the day, and it didn't really seem necessary.

I fake tanned (a LOT) using Little White Lie Self Tanning Mousse, which takes a few hours to develop. Unfortunately I got bored of waiting and ended up sticking a layer of St. Moritz Instant Tanning Mousse on top - the result being very bronzed (borderline orange) limbs. I think I just about got away with it...

I hope you like my Summer Ball look. I will leave you with a few more pictures of the night, because I'm so proud of all the beautiful friends I've made :)



 






6 comments:

  1. The dress is lovely, the colour really suits you. I swear by St Moriz as a tan too, I love it! Glad you enjoyed. :)

    Heather xx

    heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yesss the colour is beautiful, I want to live in this dress! X

      Delete
  2. Hey I really love the wellies and they really suit with the dress!
    Would be great if we followed each other so let me know on my blog? Thanks, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm on holiday at the moment but will definitely check out your blog when I'm back! X

      Delete
  3. That dress is adorable!!

    St Moritz is amazing!! I bought the whole St Tropez set (body polish and everything) and then I discovered St Moritz for an unbelievable price!! I'm so impressed it doesn't smell either!

    Fleur-Light.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I've never even tried St Tropez because St Moritz does the job! Suchhhhh a bargain! X

      Delete

Please leave a comment...it can be anonymous if you would prefer.

Popular Posts